Monday, May 15, 2006

idioms:

Things are beginning to cost more and more . It looks like we'll all have to tighten our belts .

I've heard that you and jenny are going to tie knot !


Over the years , we went through thick and thin and enjoyed every minute of it .


Although Bob and Billy are twins , I can tell which is which .


Well, speak of the devil ! Hello , tom . We were just talking about you .


Sally said that Bob couldn't be trusted because he was a snake - in - the -grass .


I was surprised when he popped the question .


I was so angry . All I could do was stand there and grit my teeth .


Mare didn't want to go under the knife, but the doctor insisted .


Quit goofing off and go to work .


I'm sorry . I was wrong; I want to make up with you .


Did you see her leave? She left like a bat out of the hell.


I learned my business from the bottom up.

All the children ran away and left Billy high and dry to take the blame for the broken window.

It's hard to kick a habit , but it can be done . I stopped biting my nails.

No comments: