Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Idioms:

1- A wolf in sheep's clothing:is a dangerous person pretending to be harmless

I want you to stay away from that boy. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing.
I do not trust the salespeople at that store. They are all wolves in sheep's clothing.
She may look cute, but that girl is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

2-Come into fashion become fashionable
Recently in some areas the mini-skirt has come into fashion again.

3-Catch one's eye to interrupt captiously while speaking.
to attract one's notice.


4-Eyes are bigger than one's stomatchsomething that you say when someone has taken more food than they can eat.
I can't finish this piece of cake. I'm afraid my eyes were bigger than my stomach as usual.

5-Chew the fatto have a long friendly conversation with someone.
We spent the evening watching the TV and chewing the fat.

No comments: