Friday, October 15, 2004

idioms 2

1. I spent two months pounding the pavement after the factory I worked for closed.
2. rumor has it that the manager is going to increase the pay.
3. for the first day, my manager and I were basically like oil and water.
4. find out what it is worth to Victoria to have the tapes destroyed.
5. the organization has over 3000 members throughout the country'from all works of life .
6. it's monkey see 'monkey do with these kids. They will say anything they hear their cartoon heroes saying on the tv.
7. it's difficult to give you an answer off the cuff 'I would have to look at the statistic .
8. speak of devil Shannon , we just speaking about you.
9. every time I looked at Gloria's eyes my legs turned to jelly.
10. I won't do that even for all tea in china.

No comments: