Saturday, December 09, 2006

bring * about + cause to happen Democracy brought about great change in the lives of the people.
bring * along + bring with When we go to the forest, bring your wildlife guide along.
bring around change someone's mind, convince someone
She doesn't want to go, but we'll eventually bring her around.
bring away learn or gain (from an experience)
My trip across the Sahara was difficult, but I brought a new appreciation for life away from the experience.
bring * off + succeed at something difficult or unexpected
You robbed the bank! I can't believe you brought that off.
bring * on + cause something
I can't believe she got so angry. What brought that on?
bring * out + highlight, stress
Your new shirt brings out the color of your eyes.
bring * over + bring to someone's house
When you visit me, why don't you bring over your son.
bring * to revive consciousness
We used smelling salts to bring her to after she fainted.
bring * up + mention
I didn't want to bring up the fact that she was unemployed.
bring * up + raise ( a child)
Sam was brought up in South Carolina.

No comments: