Saturday, December 16, 2006

Entertaining Films

  alternative     artsy     entertaining     hilarious     intense     light     mainstream     superficial     suspenseful     thought provoking     

Christine : What did you think of the movie? Did you like it?


Sarah : Not really, it was a little too artsy for me. It seemed like the director was trying so hard to impress us with strange close-ups and avant-garde dialogue that he forgot to include a story. I thought it was really boring.

Christine : I thought the movie was really thought provoking  . I love it when a movie makes you think. It's a nice change from the superficial dialogue and two-dimensional characters you usually see in films these days.

Sarah : I don't really care for alternative films. They are so dark and depressing. The characters are always so intense . Why does a movie have to be sad to be deep?

Christine : Yeah, I know what you mean, but mainstream cinema is nothing but gun fights and exploding cars. I get so sick of movies like that. I prefer movies with substance.

Sarah : But sometimes you don't want to think; sometimes you just want a light movie. Like that comedy movie with Billy Crystal - that was so hilarious. I laughed so hard that I cried.

Christine : Movies have to be more than entertaining to me.

Sarah : Did you see that new mystery movie that came out last month? That was so suspenseful . I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Christine : I loved that movie. The plot was great, and the acting was incredible. I wouldn't be surprised if it were nominated for an Academy Award.

Sarah : Well, at least we agree on something. I guess we'll have to stick to mysteries in the future.

No comments: