Saturday, August 20, 2005

Choose the correct answer:

Q1 - The waiter asked us to drink ____ as the bar was closing.
off
to
up

Q2 - The shop was doing badly, so the owner closed it ____.
up
down

Q3 - I'm going to see her ____ at the airport
to
up
off

Q4 - Put a jumper ___; it's cold outside off
on
out
up

Q5 - I'm going to take ____ holiday insurance
in
up
out

Q6 - He takes ____ his mother; they have the same sense of humour.
to
like
after
up

Q7 - He was ____ up in the countryside
grew
grown
brought

Q8 - I'm trying to give ____ smoking.
in
down
up

Q9 - I'm going to bed early tonight because I need to catch _____ my sleep.
on
up
on up
upon
up on

Q10 - We got caught ____ in a lot of trouble.
down
up
for

Q11 - This calls ____ a celebration
to
of
for
with

Q12 - He's not there; I'll call ____ later.
up
back

Q13 - Their proposal was brilliant- I was blown ____ by it.
up
away
off
down

Q14 - Cross the wrong answers ____.
up
in
out

Q15 - The minister has come ____ a lot of criticism lately.
in
for
in of
in for

Q16 - I came ____ the letters while I was clearing up my room.
into
off
around
about
across

Q17 - It's getting dark earlier and much colder- winter is setting ____.
by
to
in

Q18 - Shoppers snapped ____ bargains in the sales
up
off


Q19 - The company chalked ____ record sales this year.
off
in
from
down
up

Click here for the answer sheet

No comments: