Sunday, August 07, 2005

Typical Errors 4

1
a.First you cut along the dotted line with a scissors.
b.First you cut along the dotted line with some scissors. x
2
a.I decided to search for another hotel.
b.I decided to look for another hotel. x
3
a.Even the teacher seemed to be unable to answer the question.
b.Even the teacher seemed unable to answer the question. x
c.Even the teacher seemed to be a problem with carburetor.
4
a.My parents were not at all strict with me. x
b.My parents were not at all sever with me.
5
a.Bring EVa along. It's ages since I haven't seen her.
b.Bring EVa along. It's ages since I last saw her. x
6
a.I knew that if I fell into the sea, I would sink.
b.I knew that if I fell into the sea, I would drown. x
7
a.I slept at 10 o'clock last night.
b.I went to bed at 10 o'clock last night. x
8
a.I'll call you as soon as I'll arrive.
b.I'll call you as soon as I arrive. x
9
a.I finally opened the can by using a screwdriver. x
b.I finally opened the can with a screwdriver. x
c.I finally opened the can with using a screwdriver.
10
a.The missing ring worths 20 thousand dollars.
b.The missing ring is worth 20 thousand dollars. x
11
a.In future , when she has stared school, I'd like to get a job.
b.In the future , when she has stared school, I'd like to get a job. x
12
a.She says that she feels herself trapped in the job. x
b.She says that she feels trapped in the job.
13
a.If you can't find her, she must hide somwhere .
b.If you can't find her, she must be hiding somwhere . x
14
a.You must be pleased to hear that I've already gotten the tickets.
b.You will be pleased to hear that I've already gotten the tickets. x

No comments: