Saturday, August 13, 2005

Friends

1-she comes from the same country as me . She’s a comparator .
2-We carried on a friendship through letters. He was a pen-pan
3-I’d rather not make the journey alone . I need a traveling companion .
4- He and I own this business together .He’s my partner.
5- she didn’t know what the homework was so she asked a classmate .
6- I‘ve known George for ages . We’re really good old friends who spend a lot of time together . He’s my bosom pal .
7- henry somers wants the manager’s job and so do I .He’s my rival .
8- wanted: sensible, well-mannered girl to act as old lady’s companion .
9- She used to be john’s girl friend . She’s an old fame .
10-The assistant to a plumber ,electrician or lorry driver is known as his mate .
11-In the darkness the soldier couldn’t see whether the approaching figure was friend or foe .
12- She teaches in the same school as I do . she’s a collegue .
13- He seems a good friend when things are going well . but when I’m in trouble he’s nowhere to be seen . I’m afraid he’s a fair weather friend .
14- He’s the person to whom I tell my most personal. Thoughts ,problems and fears. He’s my confidant .
15- If you can’t afford to live on your own ,you’ll have to find a flatmate .
16-n I don’t really know him very well . He’s just an acquaintance .
17- I just meet him occasionally when his firm and my firmwork together .He’s just a business associate .

No comments: